Our Facilities – Indoor Swimming Pool
Covid-19 Update – Following Government guidelines, the Indoor Pool can re-open from Saturday 25th July. There will be booking slots which are allocated to particular cottages each day, with gaps throughout the day to allow for additional cleaning. We are doing our best to ensure that guests can swim as much as possible during their stay.
Our indoor pool has proven to be a real hit with our guests and keeps bringing us return visitors every year! It is kept warm enough for a relaxing spot of bathing after a long day and is large enough for some light exercise and fun with family and friends. We’re proud to say that our pool is rainwater-harvested and heated with burning wood-pellets from our biomass boiler.
It is located within the cottages area, next to the games room. The pool is 12x5m in size and the temperature averages 32 degrees centigrade. It is shallow all the way through – 1m at the shallow end and 1.2m at the other end, so ideal for families. There is a pool-side shower, seating, and a changing room and toilet. Please read our pool rules when visiting.
Pool Booking Slots (post Covid-19) – August School Summer Holidays
- We are pleased to be reopening our indoor heated swimming pool to guests on Saturday 25th July 2020 as per government guidance.
- Things may look at bit different due to safety changes we have put in place but we hope this will allow you to have peace of mind and an enjoyable swim.
- We are introducing a “Beach Style Turn Up And Swim”
- We encourage you to shower directly before leaving your cottage. Come ready changed with costume under clothing.
- The changing room and toilet facilities will not be open.
- This will mean less time spent in changing areas and more time to swim.
- Hand sanitiser will be available within the swimming pool facilities, please use this.
- Due to social distancing the number of people who can use the pool at one time is 10 people or in the case of The Old Granary one household. Having carefully considered all options we have devised a system to fairly allocate each holiday cottage swim sessions. Please see the table below.
- Please ensure that you enter the pool after the start time and vacate the pool by the end of your session. This then allows our staff to clean between sessions especially high touch areas. Unfortunately we are unable to accommodate any changes to this swimming timetable at the present time but as and when guidance changes we will be reviewing the safety of revising the timetable.
- Please be assured that we are following our usual safe practices for the swimming pool maintenance and Swim England guidance Returning to the pool guidance for operators July 2020.
Allocated pool slots from 1st September
|Time of swim session||Monday||Tuesday||Wednesday||Thursday|
|10am-1.30pm||Swimming Lessons||Swimming Lessons||Swimming Lessons||Swimming Lessons|
|Swimming lessons until 6||Vellum Stone
|Session starts at 6.30pm Moncrate Stapeley||The Old Granary||Moncrate
|Time of Swim Session||Friday||Saturday||Sunday|
|8am-11am||Swimming lessons (until 1)||Vellum Stone
|11am-12noon||Pool Clean||Pool Clean||Pool Clean|
|12pm-4pm||Changeover/ pool maintenance||Moncrate
|The Old Granary|
|4pm-5pm||Pool Clean||Pool Clean||Pool Clean|
|The Old Granary||Vellum Stone
The Games Room
Covid-19 Update: The Indoor Games Room remains closed following Government Guidelines. However we have set aside some field space on the farm for outdoor games. There is also some sheltered space for rainy days. We are asking that guests bring their own games equipment in order to limit high-touch surfaces. We are able to supply the table tennis table.
The Walnut Room
Bookings for The Walnut Room now being taken. This event space is ideal for communal gatherings whether it is eating or doing activities/workshops together.
- Seating for up to 34 people (benches and trestle tables)
- Use of a kitchenette
- Onsite at Church Farm, close to cottages
- Views across the fields
- Contacts available for local caterers
We have facilities for you to do laundry, available 24/7 with washing machines and tumble dryers. In addition there is access to extra freezer space should you need it.
Shared Walled Garden
Each cottage has its own individual patio space, equipped with garden furniture. Surrounding the cottages is a walled garden, creating a larger space that families and groups of friends can enjoy together.
We have plenty of parking for the cottages, which are easily accessible and close by. We have one space allocated for disabled parking, which is close to Lime Kiln Cottage.
We have a lockable store for you to leave your bike in during your stay. We will let you know more details about this on your arrival.
There is an enclosed area for waste disposal, as well as bins for the recycling of glass, metals, cardboard and plastic bottles. We take pride in our recycling efforts and hope our guests can do the same.
Each cottage has its own set of garden furniture to enjoy al fresco drinks/dining during your stay. We also supply cushions for the garden furniture and a parasol