BOOKING TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR CHURCH FARM COUNTRY COTTAGES
PLEASE NOTE: When you submit a booking via our online reservation system you will receive an automatically generated booking summary by email to the email address you provide in the booking form. This does not form a contract between us. A contract shall only arise when your booking is subsequently confirmed by post or email.
1. CONTRACT: The contract for a short term holiday rental will be between Church Farm Country Cottages Limited (referred to as “us; or us or we as “CFCC”) and the person making the booking and all members of the holiday party (referred to as “you” or “your”) under the following booking conditions. UK law will govern the contract. The contract of hire is not effective until we have received the deposit and the booking form must list names, addresses and ages of the party and a member of the party intending to occupy the property. The party leader must be 18 years of age or over at the time of booking.
2. BOOKINGS/PAYMENT: Bookings are confirmed on receipt of the booking form and receiving the deposit of 30% of the holiday cost. Our preferred method of payment is by BACS bank transfer. We also accept debit/credit card payments and cheques. Cheques need to be received to allow for 14 days clearing time with the bank. Prices are inclusive of VAT. Any increase in the rate of VAT will be
borne by the guest. Once you have a confirmed booking (i.e. the deposit has been paid and processed) you are responsible for the full rental cost even if you subsequently cancel, unless your booking was placed after 8th June and is covered by our Cancellation Protection (see Cancellation below).
The balance of the rental will be due for payment TWO CALENDAR MONTHS prior to the holiday commencement date and we reserve the right to cancel a holiday where payment has not been received TWO CALENDAR MONTHS before the commencement date. If a booking is made within 2 calendar months of the holiday start date the full rental will be
Overseas guests – any charges for payments from overseas will be passed onto the guest.
3. CANCELLATION: Cancellations must be immediately notified to us by phone and confirmed in writing. The treatment of a cancellation will depend on a) the date the booking was made; and b) when the cancellation is made.
– You cannot change your booking to another named party without prior written consent of CFCC.
– Bookings placed for stay from 1st August 2020 (if booking made after 8th June 2020) have Cancellation Protection cover under our Master Cancel Policy if you cancel between 60 days and 2 days prior to arrival.
– If you cancel from 60 days up to and including 2 days before check-in date, you will receive a full refund of the lodging costs you have paid. Only lodging costs are refunded. Additional extras, including but not limited to cleaning fees, tax and other ancillary charges are not refunded.
– Refund payment for cancelled bookings will be released back to the cancelling guest on the scheduled date of checkout of the original booking. Cancellations made 1 day prior to, or on the day of check-in will not be eligible for refund. Example: for a check in on Saturday you could cancel the prior Thursday before 16.00 and be reimbursed in full, but not on a Friday (1 day
prior) or Saturday (day of check in).
– If you cancel 61 or more days before check-in date, we will endeavour to re-let the property for those dates. If we are able to re-let your dates, we will refund you the deposit amount (which may be less than you paid – e.g. if the final letting price was discounted or only some of the days are re-let) less an administration fee of 10%. If we are unable to re-let you remain responsible for the deposit and there will be no refund under any circumstances. If you make a booking after 8th June 2020 for stays from 4th July 2020 until 31 st July 2020 you are not cancellation protected. This means that if you cancel before the date the balance is due and we are able to re-let your dates we will refund your deposit amount less an administrative fee of 10%. If we are unable to re let the property you are responsible for deposit and there will be no refund. From 8 weeks before check in you remain responsible for the full rent and there will be no refund unless we are able to re-let your dates, in which case we will refund you all or part of the sum you have paid, less an administration fee. If you made a booking prior to 8th June 2020 we strongly recommend you take out your own travel insurance for UK holidays which covers booking cancellations. This is available at very affordable rates and gives you the peace of mind that you will get your money back if you need to cancel your holiday. If you choose not to, then you accept responsibility for any loss that you may incur due to your cancellation.
4. CARE OF THE PROPERTY: You agree to (a) leave your cottage in the same condition of cleanliness and tidiness as at the commencement of your hire; (b) to pay for any loss or damage caused by you, excluding reasonable wear and tear, during your occupation. Any items moved from other cottages must be returned to the appropriate cottage prior to departure. Cottages must be secured (windows closed, doors locked, lights off, heating turned down) upon departure. CFCC reserves the right to charge for any missing or damaged items due to their relocation or from cottages being left unsecured upon guests’ departure.
5. CAUTIONARY DEPOSIT: Where 2 or more cottages are booked together we reserve the right to levy a cautionary deposit of £100 per cottage, or if The Old Granary is booked for a group, we reserve the right to levy a cautionary deposit of £500 incl. VAT. The deposit is required for the reimbursement of charges for any damage, breakages, exceptional cleaning costs and housekeeper’s time reallocating items moved between properties. The cautionary deposit will be taken by card as a ‘Pre-authorisation’ payment, just prior to, or on the day of, arrival. The deposit will not be accessible by the cardholder during which time any charges will be assessed when the housekeeping team clean the property(ies). Charges will be deducted from the cautionary deposit but are not limited to the amount of that deposit. You should inform CFCC at the commencement of hire of any damage found on arrival. CFCC reserves the right to charge for any damage or missing items not reported by you on arrival. Should there be no damage or exceptional charges, the
cautionary deposit will be credited in full to the cardholder’s account after 10 days.
6. LATE PAYMENTS: If payment fails to reach CFCC in accordance with this contract, CFCC will notify you of this breach of contract and you will have 5 working days to remedy the breach. If the breach is not remedied and full payment received within 7 days of the date of issue of the breach notice, CFCC reserves the right to cancel the booking, and will retain all deposits paid as compensation for the damages and any other costs incurring in connection with the contract. All properties booked will immediately be publicly advertised as being available for re-hire.
7. CANCELLATION BY OWNERS: In the event of CFCC having to cancel a booking for any reason whatsoever, its liability will be
limited to all monies paid by you to CFCC in respect of such booking, up to and including the date of cancellation. These monies shall be immediately returned to you upon any such cancellation occurring. For the avoidance of doubt, in no event shall CFCC be liable for any special, indirect, consequential or pure economic loss, costs, damages, charges or expenses incurred or suffered by you as a result of any such cancellation.
8. TERMINATION OF STAY: The owners reserve the right to terminate your stay if you or members of your group are believed
to be causing a nuisance to the other guests or are not treating the property with due respect. You are expected to maintain reasonable standards of behaviour at all times whilst at Church Farm. No refunds will be given in these circumstances.
9. LIABILITY: CFCC, its employees and representatives shall not be liable to you or third parties for loss or damage to persons or property howsoever arising.
10. NUMBER OF PERSONS USING THE COTTAGES: There must be no more members in your group than the cottage is designed to accommodate. Any function, celebration, party, corporate event or ceremony must have the written permission of CFCC. Should these conditions not be observed, CFCC reserves the right to refuse entry to any or all guests within the party. Any occupancy is for the purpose of a holiday rental only and does not create the relationship of landlord and tenant between you and CFCC.
11. PERIOD OF HIRE: The hire period commences at 4pm on the first day of hire and terminates at 10am on the last day of hire. Any significant delay in arrival should be notified to CFCC in order that arrangements can be made for entry into accommodation. Sunday departures may be extended until 9pm in the evening with the agreement of CFCC.
12. NO SMOKING POLICY: Smoking is not allowed inside any property, in the gardens, courtyards, car park or anywhere on
site and CFCC reserves the right to charge for costs of cleaning and redecoration if smoking
13. PETS: We allow dogs at a cost of £25 per dog, per week/short break, per cottage entered when they have been booked and paid for. We allow up to 2 dogs per property. The Old Granary can accommodate up to 4 dogs. No pets are allowed on the furniture or into the bedrooms and bathrooms. Pets must not be left in the cottages unattended. Pets must be kept on a leash and under control at all times and must not be allowed to foul anywhere on the premises of CFCC.
Accidental fouling must be removed immediately.
Additional Terms and Conditions for guests bringing their dog(s):
– There will be consideration made to other guests on site and other dogs; we request that all dogs are kept on leads in the gardens area of the cottages.
– Dogs that bark continuously are not allowed at CFCC.
– Please pick up poo after your dog and dispose of it appropriately.
– Dogs are not permitted in the games room or the swimming pool.
– Dogs are not permitted in the bedrooms or bathrooms or on the soft furnishings/furniture in the living areas. Please ensure you bring your own dog bedding.
– If the property requires additional cleaning due to your dog please be aware that there will be a £50 fee to cover the cost.
– Please respect and obey the Countryside code and keep your dog under control for the benefit of you, other dog walkers and livestock in fields nearby.
14. RIGHT OF ENTRY: For the undertaking of necessary repairs, maintenance or inspections, CFCC has the right of entry to the property at all reasonable times. Prior notice will be given to you wherever possible and privacy will be respected at all times. CFCC or their appointed representatives, reserves the right to carry out viewings at the property during the guest’s stay. At least 24 hours notice will be given to the guest wherever possible and disturbance will be kept to a minimum.
15. INDOOR SWIMMING POOL AND ASSOCIATED FACILITIES: You should take all reasonable care and obey the pool rules displayed at the poolside. Bathing alone is forbidden. You are responsible for your own safety and the safety of your children whilst using the pool, as it is unsupervised. No lifeguard is in attendance. Children under the age of 16 years must be supervised. No additional guests are allowed to use the swimming pool without the prior permission of CFCC.
16. COMPLAINTS: CFCC want you to have an enjoyable stay. In the event of any problem arising on arrival or during your holiday, you should immediately bring this to the attention of CFCC or its representative and CFCC shall, at all times, endeavour to deal with any complaint promptly.
CFCC regrets that claims for compensation cannot be considered after the holiday has ended if there was no such prior notification.
17. RIGHT TO REFUSE ENTRY: CFCC and their representatives reserve the right to refuse admission or entry to the
accommodation to all or any persons who cause a nuisance or damage to holiday accommodation or conduct themselves in an offensive or disorderly manner. CFCC may require all or any such persons to leave the accommodation, without refund and in such an event; CFCC will not be liable for making any payment to you and will retain all monies paid by you.
18. LOST PROPERTY: CFCC or its partners will retain lost property items at their office premises for only 28 days from the date of departure. Items to be returned will be charged at a flat fee of £10.00 plus postage and packaging, payment for which is required in advance by credit/debit card. CFCC does not accept responsibility for returning any items and will not return any food or drink.
19. FORCE MAJEURE: CFCC regret that we cannot accept liability in the event of “force majeure”. In these booking conditions “force majeure” means an event beyond our reasonable control which we could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid including, but not limited to strike, lock-out, labour dispute, act of God, acts of terrorism, war, riot, civil commotion, malicious damage, compliance
with a law or governmental order, accident, breakdown of plant or machinery, fire, flood, snow and storm, goods or transport and other circumstances affecting the supply of goods and services.
20. DRONES AND FIREWORKS: CFCC is a working farm with livestock in our fields. We do not allow drones or fireworks without
prior written permission.
21. DAY VISITORS: All day visitors must be pre-agreed and their names and addresses given to CFCC.
22. LOST PROPERTY: Any lost property will be kept for 14 days by CFCC prior to being disposed of appropriately if it is
not claimed. The guest will meet cost of lost property postage.
23. BBQs: The Old Granary has a gas BBQ. Other cottages do not have a BBQ. You are welcome to use
disposable BBQs if they are placed on in a safe location during use.
24. TRAVEL COTS AND HIGH CHAIRS: These are available upon request at no additional charge but must be pre-booked. Guests need to supply their own bedding for cots.
25. DATA SECURITY: We take appropriate measures to safeguard the information we hold from unauthorised access
or improper use. Our database is stored in a secure, password protected location. Only users authorised by us have access to this data.
26. Wi-Fi: This service is provided free of charge to guests in consideration for your custom and your agreement to these terms and conditions. The use of Internet services is carried out at your own risk. We do not have responsibility for or controls over the services you access and do not guarantee any services are error or virus free. We have no responsibility for, or control over, the information that you transmit or receive via the service.
We do not guarantee the availability of the service, the speed or that the service is compatible with the equipment or any software that you use.
We reserve the right at all times to withdraw the service, to change access codes and passwords. You must not use the service to send or receive emails, which are defamatory, threatening or intimidatory or contain obscene or abusive language or material or material, which is unlawful or inappropriate.
27. FARM: Church Farm is a working farm. Please supervise your children at all times.
Church Farm Country Cottages Limited. Company Number 3452072. Registered Office: 584
Wellsway, Bath. BA2 2UE
These Terms and Conditions were updated in June 2020