BOOKING TERMS & CONDITIONS
This contract is between Church Farm Country Cottages Limited (referred to as “CFCC”) and the person making the booking on behalf of their group (referred to as “you” or “your”). All bookings made are subject to the conditions herein. The party leader must be 18 years of age or over at the time of booking.
1. Cancellation Any cancellation(s) by you must be made in writing by letter or email. You will be liable to pay the total amount due and only if we manage to re-let the accommodation will we return the re-letting price achieved, to you, less your deposit of 30%.
2. Cancellation Insurance Cancellation insurance is not compulsory but CFCC strongly recommend you take it out to protect against the cancellation penalty above.
3. Care of the Property You agree to (a) leave your cottage in the same condition of cleanliness and tidiness as at the commencement of your hire; (b) to pay for any loss or damage caused by you, excluding reasonable wear and tear, during your occupation. Any items moved from other cottages must be returned to the appropriate cottage prior to departure. Cottages must be secured (windows closed, doors locked, lights off, heating turned down) upon departure. CFCC reserves the right to charge for any missing or damaged items due to their relocation or from cottages being left unsecured upon guests’ departure.
4. Cautionary Deposit Where 2 or more cottages are booked together we reserve the right to levy a cautionary deposit of £100 per cottage, or if The Old Granary is booked for a group, we reserve the right to levy a cautionary deposit of £500 incl VAT. The deposit is required for the reimbursement of charges for any damage, breakages, exceptional cleaning costs and housekeeper’s time reallocating items moved between properties. The cautionary deposit will be taken by card as a ‘Pre-authorisation’ payment, just prior to, or on the day of, arrival. The deposit will not be accessible by the card holder for 10 during which time any charges will be assessed when the housekeeping team clean the property(ies). Charges will be deducted from the cautionary deposit but are not limited to the amount of that deposit. You should inform CFCC at the commencement of hire of any damage found on arrival. CFCC reserves the right to charge for any damage or missing items not reported by you on arrival. Should there be no damage or exceptional charges, the cautionary deposit will be credited in full to the card holder’s account after 10 days.
5. Payment Payment of the full balance of the total cost of your stay is due eight weeks (56 days) before the date on which it is to commence. If payment fails to reach CFCC in accordance with this contract, CFCC will notify you of this breach of contract and you will have 5 working days to remedy the breach. If the breach is not remedied and full payment received within 7 days of the date of issue of the breach notice, CFCC reserves the right to cancel the booking, and will retain all deposits paid as compensation for the damages and any other costs incurring in connection with the contract. All properties booked will immediately be publicly advertised as being available for re-hire.
6. Cancellation by Owners In the event of CFCC having to cancel a booking for any reason whatsoever, its liability will be limited to all monies paid by you to CFCC in respect of such booking up to and including the date of cancellation. These monies shall be immediately returned to you upon any such cancellation occurring. For the avoidance of doubt, in no event shall CFCC be liable for any special, indirect, consequential or pure economic loss, costs, damages, charges or expenses incurred or suffered by you as a result of any such cancellation.
7. Termination of Stay The owners reserve the right to terminate your stay if you or members of your group are believed to be causing a nuisance to the other guests or are not treating the property with due respect. You are expected to maintain reasonable standards of behaviour at all times whilst at Church Farm.
8. Liability CFCC, its employees and representatives shall not be liable to you or third parties for loss or damage to persons or property howsoever arising.
9. Number of Persons using the Cottages There must be no more members in your group than the cottage is designed to accommodate. Any function, celebration, party, corporate event or ceremony must have the written permission of CFCC. Should these conditions not be observed, CFCC reserves the right to refuse entry to any or all guests within the party. Any occupancy is for the purpose of a holiday rental only and does not create the relationship of landlord and tenant between you and CFCC.
10. Period of Hire The hire period commences at 4pm on the first day of hire and terminates at 10am on the last day of hire. Any significant delay in arrival should be notified to CFCC in order that arrangements can be made for entry into accommodation. Sunday departures may be extend until 9pm in the evening with the agreement of CFCC.
11. No Smoking Policy Smoking is not allowed inside any property and CFCC reserves the right to charge for costs of cleaning and redecoration if smoking occurred. Smoking is however allowed in the private courtyards and gardens.
12. Pets No pets are allowed on the furniture or into the bedrooms and bathrooms. Pets must not be left in the cottages unattended. Pets must be kept on a leash and under control at all times and must not be allowed to foul anywhere on the premises of CFCC. Accidental fouling must be removed immediately.
13. Right of Entry For the undertaking of necessary repairs, maintenance or inspections, CFCC has the right of entry to the property at all reasonable times. Prior notice will be given to you wherever possible and privacy will be respected at all times. CFCC or their appointed representatives, reserves the right to carry out viewings at the property during the guest’s stay. At least 24 hours notice will be given to the guest wherever possible and disturbance will be kept to a minimum.
14. Indoor Swimming Pool and Associated Facilities You should take all reasonable care and obey the pool rules displayed at the poolside. Bathing alone is forbidden. You are responsible for your own safety and the safety of your children whilst using the pool as it is unsupervised. No lifeguard is in attendance. Children under the age of 16 years must be supervised. No additional guests are allowed to use the swimming pool without the prior permission of CFCC
15. Complaints CFCC want you to have an enjoyable stay. In the event of any problem arising on arrival or during your holiday, you should immediately bring this to the attention of CFCC or its representative and CFCC shall, at all times, endeavour to deal with any complaint promptly. CFCC regrets that claims for compensation cannot be considered after the holiday has ended if there was no such prior notification.
16. Right to Refuse Entry CFCC and their representatives reserve the right to refuse admission or entry to the accommodation to all or any persons who cause a nuisance or damage to holiday accommodation or conduct themselves in an offensive or disorderly manner. CFCC may require all or any such persons to leave the accommodation, without refund and in such an event, CFCC will not be liable for making any payment to you and will retain all monies paid by you.
17. Lost Property CFCC or its partners will retain lost property items at their office premises for only 28 days from the date of departure. Items to be returned will be charged at a flat fee of £10.00 plus postage and packaging, payment for which is required in advance by credit/debit card. CFCC does not accept responsibility for returning any items and will not return any food or drink
18. Force Majeure CFCC regret that we cannot accept liability in the event of “force majeure”. In these booking conditions “force majeure” means an event beyond our reasonable control which we could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid including, but not limited to strike, lock-out, labour dispute, act of God, acts of terrorism, war, riot, civil commotion, malicious damage, compliance with a law or governmental order, accident, breakdown of plant or machinery, fire, flood, snow and storm, goods or transport and other circumstances affecting the supply of goods and services.
Church Farm Country Cottages Limited. Company Number 3452072. Registered Office: 584 Wellsway, Bath. BA2 2UE